Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Midi's Encouragement

I came across a card that Midi wrote to me back in January 2007 when we were struggling with a lot of chaos in our lives. As I have been struggling so badly this year, her words offered some encouragement to keep praying and asking my loving Father for help. Here is some of what she wrote after first quoting a poem/prayer by Amy Carmichael.


"Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm:
Before the pain has passed, in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm.
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O love of God, do this for me:
Maintain a constant victory.

I came across this poem by Amy Carmichael today and it seemed like a good prayer for us for these times. I love you. I hope you are able to find peace in God today... peace that comes from something stronger than the shifting ways of this world and the flighty words of man. Be strong and remember who the enemy is... he is not after our money; he wants our souls. Put your faith and hope in our good Father today, my love."


Her faith encourages me in my darkest hour - even as I have not seen or touched her in almost two and a half years. Oh, how I miss her.

8 comments:

Aunt Debbie said...

Mark, I still miss Midi and Nathan. I think of them many times when we take a trip that she and Nathan may have enjoyed. I take solace in the fact that Midi would encourage us to move on and enjoy life. I am also happy to know that Lucas thinks of her. He mentioned how proud she would have been to see him now. Yes, he is an outstanding boy!
We keep them both close to our hearts.....

Erika Hettinger said...

What a virtuous woman. What an example of what a wife should be...her words were encouraging then and encouraging now.

Anonymous said...

Mark,

This Psalm keeps coming to mind every time I pray for you. May you sense God's tenderness with you today.

Jenny


Psalm 131
My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;like a weaned child with its mother,like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Just want you to know that we haven't forgotten about Midi and Nathan or about you and Lucas. We know it is still really really hard and are praying for you.
Love,
The Eilers

dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I am but a stranger, but I have followed your family's story since the 1st day it happened when I saw the headline on news. Having a 2 little kids myself, I somehow feel connected to your story and check in from time to time to see how you and Lucas are doing. I was watching Finding Nemo yesterday with my 4 yr old son and thought of you and Lucas for some reason. If you havent watched it, or havent watched it recently, I encourage you to do so, although there may be tears. I wish you and Lucas well, and hope you guys have a warm, loving Holiday season ahead.
Sincerely,
Lisa